Avocados are a powerhouse of nutrition both internally and externally!
Avocados are rich in vitamins A, C, and E and are full of other nutrients like potassium. They contain folate, monosaturated fats and antioxidants. Regular consumption of avocados helps us in many ways.
Here are just 10 of them:
1. The monosaturated fats in avocados not only help in reducing LDL cholesterol but are also good for the heart. Avocado also lowers the triglycerides in the blood and thus is useful for diabetic patients.
2. Avocado contains 30% more potassium than banana. The high potassium content helps in regulating blood pressure and prevents circulatory diseases.
3. Avocados are good for pregnant women since the high folate content in them helps in the development of brain and other tissues of the baby. The B6 vitamin in these fruits may help in reducing nausea that is associated with pregnancy. Rubbing avocado oil on the belly also helps prevent stretch marks!
4. Avocado contains carotenoid lutein. Lutein keeps the eyes safe from oxidative stress, macular degeneration, and cataracts.
5. Avocados have numerous phytonutrients which not only prevent prostate cancer but also repair the damaged cells.
6. Many studies have shown that avocado can inhibit the growth of cancerous cells without damaging the healthy cells. The oleic acid in this fruit is effective in preventing breast cancer.
7. It is a powerhouse of vitamin E which protects our skin from free radicals. Avocado oil is great for the skin!
8. Avocado is very effective in stopping bad breath. It also reduces the risk of oral cancer.
9. Being rich in antioxidants, avocado is helpful in preventing aging symptoms. The glutathione in avocado boosts immune systems, slows the aging process, and encourages a healthy nervous system.
10. The nutrients and enzymes in avocado soothes the condition of inflamed mucous lining in the stomach and small intestines. It also improves the body’s ability to absorb carotenoids and nutrients
I’m headed for my morning, breakfast shake right now and I add avocado at the end to thicken it up and power it up!
For more tips, please also visit: